Friday, June 15, 2012

Embrace a Worthy Dream

I just had an unexpected brain burp.  I suddenly had a compulsion to produce a personal quote. Something that I might be remembered for after I've completed my living journey.  Just after the compulsion arrived, the words came to mind. Embrace a worthy dream.  The operative word is worthy. As a species, we are in deep trouble because too many of us travel the wrong roads, pursuing  misguided, even ugly aspirations. The unworthy path often rewards,  especially when dreams are shaped by avarice and self-absorbed exploitation of things human and natural. I am not a fan of the weak and cold hearted who succumb to easy, unvirtuous brands of reward.  They cheapen their own souls.

Chasing worthy dreams is not meant to be easy. It's supposed to be hard. It's supposed to challenging. Failure often  goes with it. Perservance was my father's favorite word. I find no shame in admitting I have failed many times...many times.  I am a better and stronger person for having followed my father's advice... Peverance is its own reward.

Pity to those who find personal reward easily. They can't possibly know the thorough satisfaction available to those who struggle mightily before they succeed.

'Embrace a worthy dream' is an idea that has, by word and example, been illuminated countless times by good people all through history.  As we move further into the 21st century, we are faced with a perfect storm of civilization scale challenges;  overpopulation, climate change, resource depletion, destruction of the biosphere. Fixing these unprecidented problems requires that we come together, and help eachother turn worthy dreams into noble reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment