Monday, June 25, 2012

Capturing the Jester

When I was still a kid, I was interested in photography.  That was before the digital era.  I got myself a used 35 mm rangefinder with no light metering and started shooting B&W.  I learned to work in the darkroom, developing film then enlargements on foto paper. I never got very good at it.  Later, while in the Army, I bought a Pentax Spotmatic with a bunch of lenses.   I hardly ever used it.  Just got busy with other things.

After relocating to Oregon a few years ago, I decided to take the full plunge into digital photography.I bought an entry level Canon DSLR, and started to learn.  I made a lot of mistakes.  I also learned a lot.  By the third year, I started to show a little skill.

Things have progressed a lot since then.  In Portland, I joined a couple of photography meetups. Many of the people in those groups are very good with a camera.  I learned a lot just hanging around with them.  Then, my wife and I bought a house with a very large sun room space that I took over and made into a photo studio.  I like shooting pictures of people and I like doing it in the studio, because I can control the variables.  It's all about the light, and that is managed most easily in a studio.

Here are a couple of studio images I shot of a model named Purvversia.  She's really not perverted.  She's just a nice girl who likes to dress up and pretend to be bad.





Pervversia came up with the Jester look herself.  I'll blog more about my photography as time goes on. For now, I'll end it with another image I took of Purvversia just before she was cast out of Eden.








No comments:

Post a Comment