Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ultimate Squirrel Gauntlet

Squirrels are always entertaining to watch. When it comes to finding food, they are relentless.

Years ago, I bought a small plexiglass bird feeder for my parents. I mounted it outside on a kitchen window  about seven feet off the ground. It appeared to be immune from the kind of rodent larceny that squirrels practice regularly.   I filled it with sunflower seeds so my Mom could enjoy watching birds feeding up close and personal.  It didn't take more than a few hours before we discovered a squirrel in that feeder,  packing its cheeks with seeds.

The very entertaining video link below follows a determined squirrel making its way through an impossible gauntlet of obstacles to collect its reward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwJrau4Yrg&feature=related



No comments:

Post a Comment