Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Carl Sagan

When I was a kid, one of my heros was the great astronomer and science educator, Carl Sagan. I met him once. He was warm and bursting with charismatic intelligence.  I learned so much from reading his books and watching him on television.  He was a very serious scientist, but one of his greatest gifts was his ability to present complex scientific concepts as readily digestible bits of understanding.




Carl Sagan passed away in 1996. Others have stepped forward to pick up his mantle as science educator.  The shoes are difficult to fill. Carl Sagan set a very high standard for communIication about life and the sciences.  Without question, he was one of the greatest influences on my life.



Here is a link to a website maintained by his wife, Ann Druyan.  

http://www.carlsagan.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment