Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hysteria

I learned about Hysteria, a movie scheduled for release sometime this Spring by Sony Classic pictures, when my path crossed with Tracey Becker, one of that project's producers. Tracey became engaged on Change Agents, a project I am currently developing with my colleague, Chad Kirkpatrick.    I knew when I saw the trailer for Hysteria that Tracey was the right person to comment on the work we are doing.

The trailer for Hysteria is a hoot. I haven't seen the movie yet, but if it turns out to be as much fun as the trailer is, we're all in for a big league treat. The subject of this movie is a malady a great many women suffered with in the 19th century and before. Hysteria was not any kind of illness, but instead was a reflection of women's frustration over having to deny their natural inclination to sexual orgasm. Built around the story of the doctor in Victorian England, who invented the 'vibrator', Hysteria was directed by Tanya Wexler, a young filmmaker perfectly suited to translate this story into a totally delicious movie experience.

Take a moment to look at this. It's really fun.

The link to the Hysteria trailer follows...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkEw3mWs86g

No comments:

Post a Comment