Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lupita Nyong'o - An Exceptional Human Being


I watched the Academy Awards last night. I found myself completely charmed by a young woman named Lupita Nyong'o.  Ms. Nyong'o was born to Kenyan parents.  She received the Academy Award for 'Best Supporting Actress' for her role in Twelve Years a Slave, the film that won the award for 'Best Picture'

I was very taken with this young woman.  Her  speech accepting her Oscar was the best of the entire event.  Afterward, I came across another video of Ms. Nyong'o speaking to a meeting of black women film professionals.  She talked about beauty, and her own struggle to accept her 'blackness'. When she was young, she felt bad that her skin was not lighter.  Her speech about that is very moving.  Lupita Nyong'o is a very impressive human being.  I think we are going to hear a great deal more from her.


Lupita Nyongo


Here is the wonderful  'You Tube' video of Lupita Nyong'o talking about her struggle to accept her own personal beauty... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPCkfARH2eE



No comments:

Post a Comment