Thursday, September 19, 2013

Juggling Otter

Otters are fun. One of my favorite animals. When I was young, I used to tell my parents I wanted have an otter farm.  Silly, Huh? Actually, I got the idea from an article I read about a real otter farm down in Louisiana.  No, it was not about raising otters to make fur coats. The purpose was noble. They were raising them for reintroduction to areas where they had been trapped out in darker times, when otter skin coats were a fashion statement. Anyway, I thought being an otter farmer would be a really cool thing to do.  I actually acted on that impulse later in my life. That's story I'll tell in another blog.

Earlier today, I came across a video of an otter in a zoo amusing itself, juggling two rocks at the same time.  With the exception perhaps of a few particularly gifted primates, you don't often see small animals demonstrating manual dexterity. Now I know. Otters can juggle. In this case, not just one, but two rocks.  Fun.  Impressive.  A hoot to watch.

Moreover, as I was preparing this blog entry, I found out that juggling otters are not at all uncommon.  See another one below.  Type in  'juggling otter' on your search engine. You'll be surprised at how many links are there.





Here is a very amusing video link to a juggling otter... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0r6Qvz3Eoo




No comments:

Post a Comment