Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kamala Lopez - Equal Means Equal


A few days ago, I wrote a blog piece called I Am a Feminist.  I am pleased that it resonated favorably with my women friends.

There was a very nice comment left with that piece by Kamala Lopez, who it turns out is a friend of Alexandra Paul, a much valued friend of my wife and me.

Like Alexandra,  Kamala Lopez is an accomplished actress and filmmaker herself.  She provided a link to a website of her own ERA Education Project. I went to the site. It's focus is on educating people about  the fact that women still do not enjoy equal rights with men under our Constitution. 


Kamala Lopez


Among other things, Kamala Lopez has directed her considerable talents as a filmmaker to making a series of very engaging and effective PSAs  that call for the passage of an Equal Rights Amendment.  Such an amendment to our Constitution would be a huge step forward, literally and symbolically.

I totally support Kamala's very impressive effort to elevate the public discourse on the need for an Equal Rights Amendment.  Like our mutual friend Alexandra Paul, Kamala is an irrepressible force for positive change. I can't say enough about her commitment to making a difference on the issue of equal rights for all.

I am revising my declaration on feminism... I am a Feminist and I support an amendment to the U.S. Constitution; an amendment called the ERA that recognizes that women have equal rights under the law with men.

Here are some links to a couple of Kamala Lopez's very well done PSAs on equal rights for women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOsSw7MkX24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHLnQZLq20





1 comment:

  1. Dear Geoff,
    Here is our Kickstarter Campaign for the documentary film - please take a look at the trailer and, if you are so inclined, share the link - we only have 10 days left to make over 60K (gulp):
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/889543128/equal-means-equal
    much love,
    Kamala

    ReplyDelete