Monday, April 22, 2013

Eagle Cam


Washington, DC is not a place where you might expect to find nesting bald eagles,  but in fact a few miles from the White House a pair of the majestic birds has taken up residence in a tree on the campus of the metropolitan police academy.





The National Geographic Society maintains a live webcam that allows anyone on the net to tune in to the eagles nest.  In March 2013, two chicks were born.  The young birds have grown a lot since then. Pretty cool to watch the parents fly in with a fish from the nearby Anacostia River.





The link to the live eagle cam is  http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/birds/eagle-cam-live/


2 comments:

  1. You have stolen my image (first Bald Eagle on this post) and are guilty of copyright infringement. If it's not removed within 24 hours a DMCA takedown notice will be filed with BlogSpot (google).

    I also notice the irony of your claim in "About Me" of promoting "social justice" and working for a "decent society", given this thievery.

    Ron Dudley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which photo was yours. I have removed both. My intent was clearly only to showcase the eagle cam.

      I apologize for upsetting you. I would have credited you with the image if I had known your name. As I understand 'fair use', my use of those images was not illegal. But then, maybe I don't fully understand what 'fair use' means. I'm just a guy trying to express myself about things that I care about.

      I don't know which image was yours. I selected them from hundreds of eagle images that came up on the net. I am a photographer myself. I recognize what it takes to create great images. I understand why it would upset you to see your image being used without authorization. I will say I would have responded immediately, even if you hadn't used words like 'stolen' and Thievery'. My intent with my blog is to inspire, not to offend. The blog is diminished without your image.




      Delete