Monday, January 26, 2015

Vermont High School Kids Shred Fox "news'


So, students of journalism at Mt. Anthony Union High School in Bennington, Vermont learned about the standards of ethics in journalism published by the Society of Professional Journalists.

When a story that ridiculed the progressive leanings of Vermonters was broadcast on Fix, I mean Fox, TV 'News' , these high school students dissected the story, looking for journalism ethics.  Guess what? They didn't find any. 

I digress from my referral to the video made by these high school kids for just a moment to comment on what I see as the false equivalence I often hear from intellectually honest conservatives who recognize that the Fox Network is selling a radical right point of view, not practicing journalism.  These caring conservatives often include MSNBC as the intellectual and morally bankrupt mirror image of Fox. 

I pride myself in being at worst, reasonably objective and honest, in the process of informing myself. I watch MSNBC - Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O"Donnell. - most weekday evenings   I reject the suggestion that because what Fox 'News' pushes is dishonest, that what I hear on MSNBC is equally dishonest.  I'm not saying MSNBC is perfect. I'm saying the journalism is honest.  In fact, MSNBC is owned by General Electric and Comcast, two very  powerful corporations. It is my opinion that the corporate mnders have  MSNBC on a short leash. The liberal slant is tolerated in order to attract advertising revenue that is tied  to progressive viewers that have no place else to go.  Subjects that are truly threatening to corporate power and big money do not get airtime.   Case in point: I almost never see stories on MSNBC that spotlight 'Corporate Personhood' and 'Money as Speech'  I like Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, and Lawrence O'Donnell. I believe they are doing the best they can to tell stories that honest minded progressives want to hear, within limits imposed by their 'owners'.

What I see with the Fox brand is the polar opposite of MSNBC. The kid journalists at Mt. Anthony Union High School in Bennington, Vermont, tell the story beautifully in their very impressive video.   These young students give me hope. My message to them is 'be the change you wish for'.

Here is a link to the very impressive video produced by journalism students at Mt. Anthony Union High....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzYymuslGDw









1 comment:

  1. Packers and Movers Gurgaon
    Dissemble Furniture
    Some pieces of furniture can be taken apart. You would be wise to do that when you have to move bigger pieces. Things like bed frames are best taken apart and then loaded in the removal van or you will have a really hard time moving them. Sofas are a tricky cookie, so it would be best to keep them whole unless they are of the simple design that can be dissembled easily.

    ReplyDelete